Never let anyone mispronounce your name
(Source: kemeticballbuster, via blackdaughter)
Allergies are weird as heck. You can snap a humans leg in half and they can recover but if you eat this peanut u dead
"Piñata," an incredible poem about rape and rape culture. Spoken by Pages Matam. I appreciate this passion and truth on literally the most painful thing for me to think about and literally the most excused, the most unreported violence, ever. This stand he took here? EVERYTHING.
(Source: emoticon1234, via cuuuupcake)
In any interview what you don’t see is equally as important as what you do. What someone doesn’t reveal is as telling of their personality as the things that they actually do say so it didn’t take long to notice that there wasn’t a single woman amongst them. I know they have homegirls, I’m one of them so why doesn’t #TheCommittee have any females? I had to ask, not just for the sake of equality but because it makes sense. Any time it comes to planning an event, we all know guys tend to forget the small details. They’ll buy 40 steaks and forget to buy forks. They’ll host a house party and not stock up on toilet paper. Have you ever opened their fridge? Usually there’s four cartons of juice, Chinese food leftovers and a lonely packet of mayonnaise on the bottom. So when it comes to planning the biggest event of the summer, it would seem that NOT having a woman’s touch would actually hinder them. But before I said a word, I let them tell me why the exclusive boys clubhouse has an invisible sign up that reads “NO GIRLS ALLOWED.” Was it intentional or just the cards they were dealt?
Why aren’t there any females on the committee?
- @Irontopchef didn’t give me the time of day with that one. He did a spin move right out the paint and replied “Good question” and left it at that.
- The most domesticated of them all, Mister Mac and Cheese even had a slick remark about the female absence on #TheCommittee. “Uh oh, here we go…Find me 21 females where EVERY ONE of them gets along. Don’t worry, I’ll wait…” -@bkflatbushrep
- "Why don’t females work in the barbershops, IT fields, construction? It may happen one day but not right now." -@ROCKstar06 Apparently, he doesn’t realize that day has already come but nonetheless he exhibits signs of hope. After all, progress is a slow process.
- Jake piqued my interest with his response. “Don’t you put that evil on a female.” - @A_kidnamedjake (I read his comment in my Color Purple voice every time)
- Reggie walked smooth out the paint behind @Irontopchef and laughed. “Good question but I honestly don’t even know. I have to get back to you on this.” - @realtalkReg (guess what? He never got back to me)
- "It’s not something that was done purposely. We all were so cool with other that we just decided to start something not knowing how big it could become." -@daworldisurs06
- We’re just a group of guys that remained cool after college. We basically got together to throw a bbq the way we envisioned. Just how things happened. Nothing personal. -@DevKnows
- So maybe they didn’t leave women out on purpose but Drew offered up a good point as well. Maybe having no women goes against the point that I made earlier - that they need us. “Well honestly the committee was kind of one big super group while we were in UAlbany. We are all close friends and we kind of thought of this idea on our own. We planned the first BBQ in 10 days so we kinda felt we didn’t need any new people outside of what we already have. There was only a few additions since. And even the new additions were part of our “crew” in Albany. Plus it’s a stereotype that men can’t organize things so we try to prove people wrong. There are some women that help behind the scenes however. - @Dhdapostman
- Taking the politically correct route, O’Shane took a no harm, no foul stance. “Good question. I feel like this question was put in here to start trouble lol.” Glad he noticed. “When we fist started planning there were no women involved. And we’ve kept the same committee since year on, with no additions no matter the gender.” - @Oshanesego (Now Drew said there were a few additions and O’Shane said there were none. Let’s chalk that discrepancy up to the fact that #TheCommittee is one crew of people so it may be that some people just decided to officially put their name to the paper.)
- True to his twitter name, @Seth_Smooth kept it smooth and replied “There really isn’t any particular reason that there aren’t any females on the committee. It honestly just happened to turn out that way. But we’re always looking to expand the dynamic committee by adding people from different fields, regardless of gender. :-) (I swear, he added the smiley face himself)
- Just as I thought there was a little faith in the female population, Octavious snapped me back to reality while sharing his true thoughts. “We all come from different cliques or “circles,” but yet we still mesh as if we grew up together. Emotions rarely come into play when making decisions. We think thoroughly and fully, then execute. Women….Ehhh…” -@Octavious_W
- I should have never given them the option to answer what they wanted because @DjSunkiss used it and skipped right over it. Cute.
- "We are simply composed of 21 guys that were cool while in school and remain cool as alumni. Show me a group of females, that large that can say the same." -@Callm3Q (Ladies, that sounds like a challenge to me. Will you step up to the plate and prove him wrong?)
- "Well when we first did this, it was probably because, women are more detailed. We probably felt like it was gonna be more of a hassle. We do have women that partake but no women on the actual committee. To have women on the committee won’t do it any harm, it’s only going to make it better. Hopefully next year we can get some on the committee. I’m a fan of it, always have been." -@Kingvon86 (There’s hope after all ladies.)
- "The committee was formed pretty fast prior to the first UA BBQ. It wasn’t a planned idea to only have an all-male committee. It’s just something that happened. We have discussed binging females aboard for future events. In talks at the moment but we will see where it goes." - @Kensofreco
- Ruben (clearly the Class Clown of #theCommittee) takes the cake for funniest response yet again with the following: “This question is funny. A female would not survive in our group chat. The way we joke around, plain and simple, period. I know it is politically incorrect. But we are not sensitive people. We make a joke out of anything. The way up on the wrong side of the bed or with their period, I’m pretty sure one of us will ruin her day by saying something retarded. Have we considered it? Yes. But we go off topic so many times and the shit we say is the type of conversation you have on a guy’s night out.” -@urstru1yrnb
- The Ghanian gawd, more commonly known as @mboysteph was a perfect example of why @djsunkiss described #theCommittee as trill when he replied “DEADFACE….I REALLY TYPED THIS WITH THE DEADFACE THOUGH….ANNOYING.”
- @Kalvin_klein made it quite known that he’s ok with girls just throwing water on him and watching him glisten in the sun instead of being on the committee with his reply. Quote him —> (,-_-,)
- Never skipping a beat, the International Kougar Hunter completely unaware of @Kalvin_Klein’s response replied the same thing abundance. @Katalyst_9 wrote:
- But on a more serious note, @jadcity closed the question out with great appreciation for women, even if they are not officially committee members. “To tell you the truth, I don’t know why there are no females on the committee. But behind the scenes, we have a lot of females (friends or significant others) that just want to support and participate #forthelove. Some cook food, help with transportation of materials, clean and prep meats the night before. Without that, I don’t know where we would be.”
We can be cheesy and say, behind every great man there’s a great woman but we can’t deny that each of them have a point. I haven’t seen a group of 21 females pull something like this off. This doesn’t mean I think it’s impossible but until it happens, we’ll end off with this, "Behind every great man, there’s a great woman. Behind every great woman, there’s envy."